Ad Sizes/Digital Specifications
Files may be submitted in Macintosh or PC platform.
Acceptable storage media:
• USB Flash Drive (will not be returned)
Before sending any media, scan for viruses with an up-to-date virus scanning program. if a virus is detected on your media, it will be returned to you for virus removal.
Acceptable file formats:
Please send support files and fonts with these file types.
• .qxd–Quark Xpress 7.0
• .ai–Adobe Illustrator versions CS or less (.ai files)
• .psd–Adobe Photoshop versions CS or less (.psd files)
• .indd–Adobe InDesign versions CS3 or lower
• .pdf–Portable Document Format
• .eps–Encapsulated PostScript
• .tiff–Tagged Image File Format
• .jpeg–Joint Photographic Experts Group
Additional files include:
• (.pdf ) • (.eps) flattened files only
• (.tif ) flattened or layered files
• (.jpg) high resolution 300 dpi minimum at actual size
Before sending any media, scan for viruses with an up-to-date virus scanning program. If a virus is detected on your media, it will be returned to you for virus removal.
Acceptable color profiles and resolution:
• Images/files must be in a CMYK color mode
• Images must have a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (300 ppi or 300 dpi)
• All colors used in a document must be defined as CMYK process colors
• Spot colors must be converted to CMYK, unless running spot color
• Web images or images taken from websites are not acceptable (due to low 72 dpi resolution)
Acceptable Digital File Transfer Methods:
• Email: image files should not exceed 10 megabytes (10MB)
• File transfer sites like Dropbox
Photos, Artwork and Digital Images
Photographs of horses offered for sale or standing at stud may not be altered to affect color, conformation or condition. Advertising photos should not be trimmed or cut, and no marks should appear on the photo. High-quality glossy color prints may be submitted for use with black-and-white or color ads.
• Not acceptable - Polaroids™, matte prints, color photocopies, faxes and images from a home printer.
• Printed images should not exceed 12" × 18".
• Previously printed material might require retouching or descreening and incur extra charges.
• Digital images must be at least 300 dpi. Images from digital cameras may be submitted, but might yield inferior results depending on the quality of the camera.
• Contact the advertising team if you have questions about an image’s suitability.
• A copyright release might also be required for photographs, images, artwork or logos.